On the hunt for a new favorite recipe to add to your list of staples? The team at Hollow Tree Park, the premier luxury apartments for rent in Houston, encourages you to try your hand at this delicious option.
You’d be hard-pressed to find someone who doesn’t enjoy well-made enchiladas. Likewise, it’s difficult not to love the distinctive flavor of buffalo chicken. So, if you’re looking for recipes to add to your list of kitchen staples, this one for Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas is definitely it. Excellent for anyone who enjoys comfort food staples, this enchiladas recipe is simple and budget-friendly. Best of all, it only takes 30 minutes to bring all these delectable ingredients together. Give it a shot tonight, as recommended by your favorite Cypress Station apartments.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing the pan
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup hot sauce, plus more for serving
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 16 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese dressing
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Mix the chicken, cream cheese, 1 cup of the cheddar, 1/3 cup of the hot sauce, white parts of the scallions and cumin in a large bowl until well combined. In a separate, medium-sized bowl, stir together the butter, remaining 2/3 cup hot sauce and 3 tablespoons water.
- Microwave the tortillas in batches until warm, softened, and foldable, about 30 seconds. Keep warm between damp paper towels.
- Spoon a portion of the chicken mixture down the middle of each tortilla and roll up. Place each rolled tortilla side by side, seam-side down, in the prepared pan. Pour the hot sauce mixture over the tortillas. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup cheddar and the blue cheese and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Drizzle the blue cheese dressing over the enchiladas and sprinkle with the scallion greens. Serve with more hot sauce.