If you’ve been in Houston for any amount of time, you know that our summers are hot and humid! Sometimes, A/C can only go so far, too. You need to keep your body hydrated and satisfied, and what better way to do it than with this recipe for Watermelon Lemonade? Light and refreshing, this simple recipe is sure to quench your thirst and leave your mouth buzzing with a fruity aftertaste. See how you can make it below:
• 1/2 medium-sexed watermelon (4 cups of watermelon juice)
• 4-5 large lemons (1 cup of lemon juice)
• ½ cups of granulated sugar
• 4-6 cups water or sparkling water
• fresh mint
1. Scoop watermelon into a blender or food processor, then process until liquid.
2. Strain watermelon through a mesh strainer, reserving 4 cups of watermelon juice and discarding the watermelon flesh. Pour the juice into a pitcher and set aside.
3. Juice the lemons to equal 1 cup. You can also add more if you prefer it to be extra tart. Strain the juice, then add it to the same pitcher as the watermelon juice.
4. Next, add in the water or sparkling water.
5. Stir in sugar, until sweetness reaches the desired taste.
6. Serve immediately over ice and garnish with some fresh mint and lemon slices.
Shake up your household menu – and put your fully equipped kitchen to use – with this easy-to-follow recipe, courtesy of Hollow Tree Park Apartments in Houston, Texas.